Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Install issue - requiring disconnected network drive

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 13:29:48 -0700

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 08:37:09AM -0600, Chris Schear wrote:
When I initially installed NMAP 4.76 I had a network mapped "F" drive.
I attempted to execute ZenMap yesterday, off network, and received this
error:

I have uninstalled/reinstalled NMAP and WinPCap several times and each
time, if I don't have an F: drive, the application will not run.  I can
find no registry keys controlling any location.  Please advise.

Reading this post may help:

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q1/0501.html

Probably your HOME environment variable is set to F: and so Zenmap tries
to create the configuration there. We might add an option to Zenmap to
control which directory is used:

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2008/q4/0669.html
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q1/0092.html

But I have been holding off implementing it because this problem only
seems to happen on Windows, and a command-line solution may not be
accessible to some Windows users.

David Fifield