Nmap Development mailing list archives

Question on NSE script output

From: "Sina Bahram" <sbahram () nc rr com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 22:19:39 -0400

Hi gang,

Hope everyone's summer (for those of us in the appropriate hemisphere) is
going well.

I have a question about NSE output in nmap.

I want to discover all ftp servers on a decent sized network which allow
anonymous login.  Wonderful for me that there exists an NSE script to do
exactly this, but how do I get only those ip's?

I was thinking of just inserting a print to stderr of the ip and a yes/no
flag into the script then being able to grep on this?  Is it possible to
print to STDERR in our NSE infrastructure?

I'm sure there's a much prettier way, and since I tend to despise hacks for
no good reason, I look forward to hearing about a way of just getting the
ftp servers which allow anonymous login, somehow?

I can't grep the regular nmap output as the context crosses multiple lines,
and it becomes an awk script, if I really want to do it right, and I'd like
the data quick.

The greppable output of nmap doesn't provide the script output, so no joy
there either.

Thanks for any ideas.

Take care,
Sina