Nmap Development mailing list archives

PowerSheell Script for Parsing Nmap XML Output (SANS blog post)

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 16:25:25 -0700

I just noticed this SANS blog post on parsing Nmap XML output with
Microsoft's PowerShell:

https://blogs.sans.org/windows-security/2009/06/11/powershell-script-to-parse-nmap-xml-output/

Powershell, formerly known by the terrible name Monad (sounds like a
guy with one testical), is a free extensible command-line shell for
Windows.  I don't know too much about it, but I have friends who swear
by it and I certainly hate cmd.exe with a passion!  Unfortunately, it
is terribly slow for large scans according to this article.

Anyway, this blog post might help folks who are actually using
PowerShell, and also serves as a practical introduction to the system
for those of us who just like to see how it works.

Cheers,
-F