Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Where can I download Ncrack?

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 18:42:26 -0700

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 09:07:12AM -0600, David Fifield wrote:
On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 07:29:25AM -0400, Walt Scrivens wrote:
On Jun 13, 2009, at 8:21 PM, ithilgore wrote:

I don't have credentials for the subversion repository.  Is that
publicly available, or do I need to apply somewhere?

You have to use --username guest --password "".

By the way, this is a workaround due to an svnserve authorization
problem which I reported to svn-users in 2006:

http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2006-12/0851.shtml

I don't know if it has ever been fixed.  When I get new hardware in
coming months, I hope to set up a new SVN server using https because
the svn folks don't seem to care much about svnserve.  I hope that
will resolve the problem so we can allow anonymous access rather than
a passwordless "guest" user.

Another SVN problem which has plagued me for nearly a decade is that
'svn obliterate' has never actually been implemented even though their
docs have long mentioned that it is planned.  However, there was a
promising development in that regard today:

http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2009-06/0483.shtml

I'm crossing my fingers, but not getting my hopes up too much yet.

Cheers,
-F