Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: ftp-brute.nse overhaul

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 00:38:52 -0500

Hi Patrick,

This is all done. I am using the functionality in the spider
module/script which is still in development. I can apply it early now
if Ron would like to use it immediately. I will also apply the
condition variable patch to nse_nmaplib.cc as condition variables are
very necessary for synchronization with worker threads.

It'll be nice to have, but there's no rush. I have some other stuff to work on. The ftp-brute.nse work I did today was just me getting sidetracked (all I was going to do was persist the credentials in the registry for other ftp scripts).

And for what it's worth, ftp-anon.nse can probably be deleted (the functionality is replicated 100% in ftp-brute.nse now). Any objections?

Ron

--
Ron Bowes
http://www.skullsecurity.org/