Nmap Development mailing list archives

Bug in Windows 7 ?

From: Guillermo Gonzalez <Guillermo.Gonzalez () netxar com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 07:49:49 -0400

Hi ...

I was installing the nmap-5.00 in Windows 7.
The installation notifies about some error with vcredist_x86.exe but finished, it looked fine, but when I test the tool
I could found that nmap is not working well.
I have some stations in my network and I could ping (using normal ping process of windows) each one, but trying to
discovering the network using "nmap -sP -v 192.168.21.0/24" told me about only my station is up.

Would you check if this is a bug or an error of installer ?

Thanks

Saludos / Regards

Guillermo González
MCSA, MCSE, VCP, RHCE, CE|H, LPIC1, CCSP
Senior Systems & Security Consultant
Netxar Technologies, Inc. - www.netxar.com<http://www.netxar.com/>
Av. Abraham Lincoln #1003
Torre Profesional Biltmore I