Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE Libraries and Global Accesses

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 15:31:44 -0700

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 09:24:19AM -0600, Patrick Donnelly wrote:
On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 2:34 AM, Patrick Donnelly<batrick () batbytes com> wrote:

The standard Lua extension library strict.lua has been modified for
our use and added to our group of libraries (r14301). This library is
similar to the bash script above except runtime checking is enforced

Thanks Patrick, this is great!  The undeclared global errors have been
insidious for us in the past.  Can you add this information (at least
the key parts) to an appropriate place in docs/scripting.xml?  We want
to let people know what is going on in case they get the error, and
also it would be helpful for people reading the docs to know how to
add the strict function to their scripts.

Cheers,
-F