Nmap Development mailing list archives

Reformulated scripts for open proxy detection

From: Joao Correa <joao () livewire com br>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 20:51:44 -0300

Hi Guys,

I'm very glad to say that after a long time of work a few improvements
were made to both http-open-proxy.nse and socks-open-proxy.nse. We
expect more reliability from these scripts, now that they are using
"fall back" tests.

Also, since a lot of code was very similar on both scripts, a new lua
lib was developed, proxy.lua. What is most interesting about this lib
is that it can be used to easily handle sockets through proxies, what
means that, if a user needs that a supposed script runs through a
proxy, it might be possible to be done with little recoding.

Of course that a lot of new features, like authentication support, can
be added to the lib. But for now it just fits our needs for the open
proxy detection scripts.

The scripts are at:
svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap-exp/joao/experimental/scripts/http-open-proxy.nse
svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap-exp/joao/experimental/scripts/http-socks-proxy.nse
svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap-exp/joao/experimental/nselib/proxy.lua

Remember that before running the scripts, it is necessary that
proxy.lua is placed on your nmap's /nselib folder.

It would be great if you guys can test and send some feedback, making
it possible that we fix any needed issue before committing these
scripts.

Thanks,
João