Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Call for testers: Nping 0.1BETA1 Released.

From: "Luis M." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 11:20:12 +0100

Thanks Ben for reporting it and thank you Ithilgore for providing the
solution. I've just fixed it in the branch I'm currently working on.

Luis.

ithilgore wrote:
Just poking around, the -d flag doesn't work when a debug level isn't specified.

Ben

This is usually an omission in getopt_* where the corresponding flag needs two ':' .
Something like:

  while((arg = getopt_long_only(argc, argv, "d::g:hi:U:P:m:o:p:s:T:vV",
          long_options, &option_index)) != EOF)

Notice that 'd' has two colons.

From getopt_long_only manual:

"Two colons mean an option takes an optional arg; if there is text in the current argv-element"

-- ithilgore