Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Bug in NSE core, I think

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 19:55:22 -0500

On 08/25/2009 07:52 PM, Brandon Enright wrote:
Ron,

I think this mostly stems from Nmap not bothering to check for
duplicates in the target list, not even duplicate IPs.  We shouldn't
fix NSE if we aren't going to fix the general scanning.

Take for example:

Well, I'm ok with being able to give duplicates in the target list, it makes for easier testing.

There are cases where you might want to scan the same host twice, under different hostnames. Like, scanning test.skullsecurity.org and www.skullsecurity.org, which are different vhosts on the same ip address (not sure whether or not you were implying that that is wrong, or if you just mean duplicates on the commandline)

Ron

--
Ron Bowes
http://www.skullsecurity.org/