Nmap Development mailing list archives

dhcp script!

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 07:40:42 -0500

I put together a script to probe DHCP servers this weekend. Unfortunately, I only have my Linksys WRT54g with stock firmware to test against, so I'd appreciate others giving it a shot!

Basically, do a UDP scan against port 67 on your gateway device, as root, and see what the response is.

nmap -d -sU -p67 --script=dhcp-inform <target>

I've attached it as a .patch because it requires an extra function added to ipOps.lua.

The functions for building/parsing DHCP packets are generic enough that they can handle building/parsing *any* DHCP packet. So, if there are other ideas for things we can do with DHCP, let me know and I'll throw them into a NSELib and write extra DHCP scripts.

Thanks!

Ron

--
Ron Bowes