Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: 5.05BETA1 svn -r 15851 compile error - Ncat without SSL

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 10:06:57 -0600

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 10:30:44PM +0200, Daniel Roethlisberger wrote:
Jan Reister <Jan.Reister () unimi it> 2009-10-19:
Some ten days ago my subversion checkout stopped compiling. It both
fails on Debian Lenny and Ubuntu Jaunty.

Where should I look for more info, besides the list archives?

Installing the OpenSSL headers prior to building should do the
trick; I think the package is called libssl-dev or some such on
Debian/Ubuntu.

Ncat currently doesn't seem to build without SSL support.

Thanks, it was a error left from some recent code reorganization. It is
fixed in r15883.

David Fifield