Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ron/fuzz-garbage script

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 22:12:23 -0500

Hi mike,

You're right about the chunksize -- the way I designed it, it only sends
in 'chunksize' blocks, so the 'stopafter' value is rounded up (I put
that in the NSEDoc at the top). It's the cleanest way to do it, I think.

Can you link to where you reported that error? I don't remember anything
about it, but it may be from before my time (or in a thread I didn't read)

Thanks!
Ron

mike wrote:
Ron

not sure if this is a windows thing or not. i noticed the output after i tested it and i set the args value for
"stopafter" to just 10 bytes. the output from nmap reports this as "10 bytes sent" howver i noticed that what was
sent to the socket in testing was the 1024 bytes default value. seting the chunksize is apparently the only way i can
control the bytes to be the exact value that nmap reports back as what was sent

All

did anyone decide to investigate and possibly clean up the script error/tail call() debug messages i reported last
time. i beleive i mentioned 3 or 4 that had them

i was also curious about another topic. using source port 0 for scanning. i remember years back when using nmap, one
could use the source port as 0/zero, even though that is not considered a port. i liked the fact you could scan a
target that most people with IDSs and firewalls that worked by filtering through source/dest sometimes could not
handle. did this option/ability get thrown out due to recent socket limitations on windows or was it the pcap
upgrades that broke it?

thank you

m|ke

Find the right PC with Windows 7 and Windows Live.
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-set-criteria.aspx?cbid=wl&filt=200,2400,10,19,1,3,1,7,50,650,2,12,0,1000&cat=1,2,3,4,5,6&brands=5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16&addf=4,5,9&ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen2:112009

--
Ron Bowes
http://www.skullsecurity.org/