Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap vs vmware [was: Linux vs. Windows results]

From: "Sandro Poppi" <spoppi () gmx net>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 14:03:48 +0100

Could it be possible that you are overwhelming the network adapter
translation from virtual-NIC to physical NIC?

Not sure but I doubt.

Do you have the vmware tools installed on the linux guest?  What
virtual  hardware for the NIC is it using and what module to you have
loaded for the driver?

I can't install vmware-tools since with Fedora 11 I get compile errors. I installed open-vm-tools though, but that
didn't help.

The NIC's module is e1000

Are you using NAT or bridged networking?

It's bridged.

Sandro
--
DSL-Preisknaller: DSL Komplettpakete von GMX schon für
16,99 Euro mtl.!* Hier klicken: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02