Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [SCRIPT] DB2 Information gathering script - New version of the script

From: Tom Sellers <nmap () fadedcode net>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 23:10:41 -0600

Matt Selsky wrote:

On Nov 8, 2009, at 10:28 PM, Tom Sellers wrote:

I have written a NSE script that enhances version detection for DB2. It also gathers platform (OS) and database instance information. It functions in a similar
way to the MS SQL script.

Here's the output for my DB2 server on Solaris:

$ nmap -sV -p50000 spinach

<SNIP>

Why does the version with script scanning have a less precise version number? (7.02.4 vs 7.2)

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

I have attached an updated version of the db2-info.nse script that should
keep the probed version string if it is more precise.  Either way the additional
data is generated when the verbosity is high enough.

Also, the categories have been updated to be more appropriate:

        categories = {"safe", "discovery", "version"}

If no one objects, I will also tweak the nmap-service-probes entry for ibm-db2 from
ports 523,50000  to
ports 523,50000-50025,60000-60025

This should improve the likelihood that DB2 is detected without having to use
--version-all.  There aren't any other probes in that range and, I think, mainstream
products using this range are limited so there should be almost no performance impact.

Tom