Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 5.10BETA1 released

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 15:55:31 -0700

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 08:07:43AM -0500, Walt Scrivens wrote:
Thanks, everyone for all the hard work!

Preliminary results for Mac OS X 10.6.2

svn complained about several unversioned files in libpcap.  At first I ignored the error, but the make gave the
following errors:
======================
output.cc: In function ‘void printportoutput(Target*, PortList*)’:
output.cc:811: error: ‘class Port’ has no member named ‘owner’
output.cc:814: error: ‘class Port’ has no member named ‘owner’
output.cc:842: error: ‘class Port’ has no member named ‘owner’
output.cc:842: error: ‘class Port’ has no member named ‘owner’
output.cc:843: error: ‘class Port’ has no member named ‘owner’

Totally groping, I deleted the libpcap folder and ran svn up again.  With the updated files, the compile ran smoothly
and a few test scans worked properly.

I removed the unused Port::owner member a few days ago. Maybe the
libpcap errors kept output.cc from being updated too. libpcap might
cause trouble for some people because of the update to 1.0.0 and the
resulting changes to the build files. In most cases, "make distclean"
will fix it, or if that fails, a fresh checkout.

David Fifield