Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE SNMPv1 Library

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 12:45:31 -0700

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 01:19:33AM -0800, Michal Szczesny wrote:
Hi,
I tried to query different OIDs with the sysdecr.nse and I've noticed
that it is not returning any date when the OID in question points to
Object Identifier type value, like for example: 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2.0
(sysObjectID).

I have no problems with quering OIDs where Type is String or Integer.

I had a look into snmp.lua library but it's well over my head to analyze
code there.

Could someone test querying OID type values with by

snmp.encode(snmp.buildPacket(snmp.buildGetRequest({},
"1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2.0"))) ?

Maybe I should decode the reponse in different way, now I just using:

status, response = socket:receive_bytes(1)

local sysObjectId = snmp.fetchFirst(response)

What is the value of the sysObjectId after running that code? Is it nil
or something else? Try

print(tostring(sysObjectId))

Can you tell if the remote host is sending anything back in response to
the query?

David Fifield