Nmap Development mailing list archives

[SCRIPT] IBM DB2 Server Profile export + Version detection

From: Tom Sellers <nmap () fadedcode net>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 07:41:26 -0600

I have finally (only a month late) finished the script to query the IBM DB2
Administration Server (DAS) service.  The script connects to the DB2 DAS service
on either TCP or UDP port 523.  No authentication is required for the connection.

The data it returns matches what would be returned if one were to use the Export
Server Profile command using the DB2 Control Center GUI:

PORT    STATE SERVICE VERSION
523/tcp open  ibm-db2 IBM DB2 Database Server 9.07.0
| db2-das-info: DB2 Administration Server Settings
| ;DB2 Server Database Access Profile
| ;Use BINARY file transfer
| ;Comment lines start with a ";"
| ;Other lines must be one of the following two types:
| ;Type A: [section_name]
| ;Type B: keyword=value
|
| [File_Description]
| Application=DB2/LINUX 9.7.0
| Platform=18
| File_Content=DB2 Server Definitions
| File_Type=CommonServer
| File_Format_Version=1.0
| DB2System=MYBIGDATABASESERVER
| ServerType=DB2LINUX
|
| [adminst>dasusr1]
| NodeType=1
| DB2Comm=TCPIP
| Authentication=SERVER
| HostName=MYBIGDATABASESERVER
| PortNumber=523
| IpAddress=127.0.1.1
|
| [inst>db2inst1]
| NodeType=1
| DB2Comm=TCPIP
| Authentication=SERVER
| HostName=MYBIGDATABASESERVER
| ServiceName=db2c_db2inst1
| PortNumber=50000
| IpAddress=127.0.1.1
| QuietMode=No
| TMDatabase=1ST_CONN
|
| [db>db2inst1:TOOLSDB]
| DBAlias=TOOLSDB
| DBName=TOOLSDB
| Drive=/home/db2inst1
| Dir_entry_type=INDIRECT
|_Authentication=NOTSPEC

The script will also set the service product and version data if possible.

There is quite a bit of recon value in the data returned:
DB2 version, server OS/platform, database names and port numbers, file system
path names, hostname and IP address.

Oddly enough I have see DB2 return the IPv6 address when queried over the IPv4 interface.

Any testing or feedback with the functionality and structure of the script would
be greatly appreciated!

Of particular interest are:
1.  Is the feedback too verbose?  This is the format that the server returns
    the data in, barring some noise prior to the data.  Should this be
    parsed out and reformatted?

2.  If you test it on server I would love to see feedback on the Platform
    numbers that are returned and on what OSes.  So far I have seen
    Platform=18 on Linux and Platform=5 on Windows.

Thanks,

Tom