Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Requests for script dependencies

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 23:15:13 -0700

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 02:24:53PM -0700, Patrick Donnelly wrote:
On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 10:55 PM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
Patrick, please make a branch for this patch. I want it to be merged,
but it should be done all at once with the addition of dependency tables
to the scripts themselves.

For the record, this is now completed and can be inspected at:

svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap-exp/patrick/dependencies@16345

Thanks, it looks great and please commit it.

Here are the dependencies that are defined:

smb-check-vulns: smb-brute, smb-enum-sessions, smb-security-mode,
        smb-check-vulns, smb-enum-shares, smb-server-stats,
        smb-enum-domains, smb-enum-users, smb-system-info,
        smb-enum-groups, smb-os-discovery, smb-enum-processes,
        smb-psexe

smb-enum-domains: smb-brute
smb-enum-groups: smb-brute
smb-enum-processes: smb-brute
smb-enum-sessions: smb-brute
smb-enum-shares: smb-brute
smb-enum-users: smb-brute
smb-os-discovery: smb-brute
smb-psexec: smb-brute
smb-security-mode: smb-brute
smb-server-stats: smb-brute
smb-system-info: smb-brute

snmp-sysdescr: snmp-brute

Before we had these runlevel definitions different from 1.0:

0.5: smb-brute
2.0: smb-check-vulns snmp-sysdescr p2p-conficker

The dependencies capture all of that except for p2p-conficker. I can't
remember why p2p-conficker is in runlevel 2 to begin with; does anyone
know? It's in "default" and "safe" so it can't be because of a risk of
crashing. Probably we can just leave it out of the dependencies.

David Fifield