Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: service fingerprints && web service probe suggestion

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 12:21:22 -0700

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 01:40:57AM +0100, Willem de Groot wrote:
On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 06:46, Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org> wrote:
routers/WAPs such as the Siemens Gigaset operate a default timeout < 5
That is a good point, but seems like an extraordinarily short timeout.
They will close web connections after just 5 seconds idle?!

Yes, some even after 2s. These devices are supposedly only to be
operated on the LAN...

Thanks for the signatures, but the lines seem to have been wrapped.

There you go. I don't have the original nmap fingerprints but will
submit future ones to your site.

Thanks Willem. I've added some of the fingerprints you submitted. I
couldn't use all of them because some were missing some distinctive
information like the HTTP Status-Line. But the car wash made it in.

David Fifield