Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: GSoC'10

From: Walt Scrivens <walts () gate net>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 08:49:14 -0400

Shubhendra,

Just based on observations of Apple's behavior, I would have to say that they would never approve nmap for the iPhone.
I hope I'm wrong, but they seem to avoid anything that might disclose any network information. Some time ago, I was
helping Pavel Ahafonau  (http://www.paully.com) to debug his network utilities which Apple has allowed, but they are
very limited in their capability compared to nmap.  That leaves only jailbreak as your option.

I also use nmap 5.00 on maemo (N800, OS 2008) but zenmap doesn't work.  For my network security work, I prefer the
command-line interface anyway, so it's no loss for me.

I'm 'way out of my league as far as nmap programming goes, but I'm pretty good at testing and reporting bugs, so I'd
like to help you if you decide to proceed with your plans.

Walt