Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Suggestion for Docs

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () robnicholls co uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:43:13 -0000

I see that "c:\\Windows\\System32\\net.exe" has been hardcoded into your
code; some people don't have Windows on C drive though. I'm not sure if you
can use %windir% to get around this or if you have to identify %windir%
first and then put that into your ShellExecute.

A simple GUI that allows people to start WinPcap and change WinPcap's
settings might be more useful, as some people may decide that they'd like to
go with the recommended settings after all and might not be confident enough
to play around with registry keys (and would otherwise have to uninstall and
reinstall WinPcap in order to be presented with the option again).

Or we could take away the user's ability to choose whether to start WinPcap
automatically and make that the mandatory default option unless they're
prepared to edit the registry themselves. Or is that too evil? ;-)

Rob