Nmap Development mailing list archives

nmap 5.20 problem with script engine

From: Onur Küçük <onur () delipenguen net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 11:47:08 +0200

 Hello,

 I have installed 5.20 from the tarball (compiled without zenmap) but
have trouble with the script engine

# nmap -v -sV 192.168.2.2

Starting Nmap 5.20 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2010-01-21 11:40 EET
NSE: failed to initialize the script engine:
/usr/share/nmap/nse_main.lua:97: attempt to call a boolean value
stack traceback:
        /usr/share/nmap/nse_main.lua:97: in main chunk
        [C]: ?

QUITTING!

where the hit happens at the strict checking

# head -n 100 /usr/share/nmap/nse_main.lua |tail -n 10
  assert(t == "directory", "could not locate nselib directory!");
  package.path = package.path..";"..path.."?.lua";
end

local stdnse = require "stdnse";

(require "strict")() -- strict global checking

-- NSE_YIELD_VALUE
-- This is the table C uses to yield a thread with a unique value to

 I am not familiar with lua so I don't know where the problem is. I am
using lua 5.1.4 of my Linux distro Pardus. Nmap 5.00 works fine here.

 What may be the problem, and better, how can I fix it ? I can provide
any info necessary.

--
 Onur Küçük                                      Knowledge speaks,
 <onur.--.-.delipenguen.net>                     but wisdom listens