Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE Script http-methods.nse, WAS: NSE script HTTPallowedMethods.nse

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:45:04 -0700

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 09:20:25PM +0100, Bernd Stroessenreuther wrote:
Hello again,

The script args should have names
based on the name of the script, like http-methods.retest and
http-methods.url.

Tried these names but they make problems when using with nmap 5.00

NSE: http-methods threw an error!
./http-methods.nse:77: attempt to index local 'methods' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
        ./http-methods.nse:77: in function <./http-methods.nse:67>
        (tail call): ?

Do not understand, what is wrong there. Does anyone have a hint for me??
Meanwhile I left the old names.

This is fixed too. The script args are now called http-methods.url-path and
http-methods.retest

Thank you for the update. I want to add the script, but first I want to
know if you are willing to license the script like the other Nmap
scripts,

license = "Same as Nmap--See http://nmap.org/book/man-legal.html";

instead of the "GNU Public License (GPL) Version 2" that it is under
now. http://nmap.org/book/nse-script-format.html#nse-format-license says
"The Nmap license is similar to the GNU GPL. Script authors may use a
BSD-style license (no advertising clause) instead if they prefer that."

The main thing is that the Nmap Project has to be able to relicense the
file. This doesn't take away your copyright, and you can still do your
own distribution under any license you like.

Fyodor had some ideas for enhancement of the script, such as making it
default and only printing "interesting" methods in non-verbose mode. I'd
like to get the script under revision control now and make further
changes after that.

David Fifield