Nmap Development mailing list archives

UDP scan

From: Pierre Noguès <pierre () indahax com>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 16:02:25 +0100

Hello,

Is it possible to introduce an option that will perform a UDP protocol based scan only ?

In pentest I scan all the tcp ports of my targets like that :

nmap -sS -P0 -p0-65535 target/24

I would like to also scan the UDP port so i can do:

nmap -sU -sS -P0 -p0-65535 target/24

But now it will scan the 65535 UDP ports and will wait 65536 times for a ICMP response which will never come back most of the time, it will be too long...

What I would like to do is to scan all the tcp ports and the UDP ports that nmap support in the new UDP protocol based scan.

I think the solution is to use this command :
nmap -sU -sS -P0 -pT:0-65535,U:7,53,111... target/24

with U:7,53,111... containing the list of all the ports which are implemented by the nmap UDP protocol based scan (the ones in payload.cc).

But it's too long and I would have to adjust my command line each time nmap updates...

Would you implement something like -sUP ?

Best Regards,