Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] SSLv3/TLSv1 cipher and compression algorithm enumeration script

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 01:49:02 -0800

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 06:39:20PM -0700, David Fifield wrote:
On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 10:00:14PM -0600, Mak Kolybabi wrote:

I understand your objection about the name of the script. I can't think
of a name that's wholly satisfactory to me. I committed it with the name
ssl-enum-ciphers, even though the script does more than that. Your
original name was sslv3-enum. Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe
ssl-enum is better. People understand "SSL" to encompass both SSL and
TLS. The only problem is that the script doesn't work with SSLv2 or
earlier, but we have sslv2.nse for that.

For what it is worth, I think either ssl-enum or ssl-enum-ciphers are
good names.

Cheers,
-F