Nmap Development mailing list archives

new Win install fails beyond localhost

From: "Norris Carden" <ncarden () ascendfcu org>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 09:29:35 -0600

I just installed nmap-5.21-setup.exe on a Win2k3 server. Installation of
all parts appears to be fine. Nmap executes with no errors.

Nmap is only able to see the local host's IP. Nmap gets no response from
any other system on the network.

System has not been rebooted since installation. GFI Languard is also
installed, but not running. Network connectivity is fine as I only have
access to this server via RDP. Dual NICs are teamed... three network
connections exist.. the third is the team. WinPcap was uninstalled and
WinPcap_4_1_1.exe downloaded from npcap.org and reinstalled.

My account does have admin privileges.

I cannot seem to locate any other troubleshooting help.

Norris Carden, CISSP, CISA