Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nping/gthostbynameCached

From: "Luis M." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 11:01:23 +0100

Hi Gisle,

On 03/14/2010 01:48 PM, Gisle Vanem wrote:

Any progress? The problem is still there.

I haven't found any problem with the code. However since its causing
problems for you and the performance improvement that it provides is
minimal, I've disabled the use of gethostbynameCached().

But there are other problems. Like from nping/ICMPv6Header.cc:

bool ICMPv6Header::validateType(u8 val){

   switch( val ){

       case ICMP_ECHOREPLY:
       case ICMP_UNREACH:

This simply looks like a copy from ICMPv4Header.cc.  Can you fix this?

There is no support for ICMPv6 yet. That file is just a simple copy of
ICMPv4Header.cc. It is in the repo but it doesn't even get compiled with
the build. ICMPv6 support will be added at some point but not right now,
sorry.

By the way, thanks for testing and reporting bugs for nping. If you have
additional comments or suggestions, please let me know.

Luis.