Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Comments on smtp-open-relay and smtp-enum-users

From: Duarte Silva <duartejcsilva () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 09:37:36 +0000

You have to add verbosity, if you do it will still print all the
successful tests. With verbosity

| smtp-open-relay:
|   MAIL FROM:<antispam@[10.0.1.2]> -> RCPT TO:<"relaytest () nmap scanme org">
|   MAIL FROM:<antispam@[10.0.1.2]> -> RCPT TO:<"relaytest%nmap.scanme.org">
|   MAIL FROM:<antispam@[10.0.1.2]> -> RCPT TO:<nmap.scanme.org!relaytest>
|_ Server seems to be an open relay

Anyway I will try do add your suggestion since it also looks cleaner.
I think something like this will suffice to cover all the suggestions
made until now.

- Without verbosity

|_smtp-open-relay: Server is an open relay (3/16 tests)

- With

| smtp-open-relay: Server is an open relay (3/16 tests)
|   MAIL FROM:<antispam@[10.0.1.2]> -> RCPT TO:<"relaytest () nmap scanme org">
|   MAIL FROM:<antispam@[10.0.1.2]> -> RCPT TO:<"relaytest%nmap.scanme.org">
|_ MAIL FROM:<antispam@[10.0.1.2]> -> RCPT TO:<nmap.scanme.org!relaytest>

- When all tests fail (verbosity independent)

|_smtp-open-relay: Server doesn't seem to be an open relay, all tests failed

- or

|_smtp-open-relay: Server isn't an open relay, authentication needed