Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nping configure error

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 12:43:21 -0600

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 08:30:41PM +0200, Henri Doreau wrote:
Hello,

I was getting a configure error for nping in r18459 on my fedora (x86)

henri@grompf:~/nmap$./configure
<...>
=== configuring in nping (/home/henri/nmap-ncat-ntlm/nping)
<...>
checking for pcap.h... yes
checking for pcap_datalink in -lpcap... yes
./configure: line 6122: syntax error near unexpected token
`have_libpcap=yes,'
./configure: line 6122: ` PCAP_IS_SUITABLE(have_libpcap=yes,
have_libpcap=no, have_libpcap=yes)'
configure: error: ./configure failed for nping

Removing the line makes ./configure run successfully. Is this an orphan
statement or am I missing something?

Please try again with r18461. aclocal.m4 was including the wrong
auxiliary file and wasn't getting the definition of PCAP_IS_SUITABLE.
The version of configure in the repository worked but your configure
script must have been regenerated with autoconf, as "svn status" will
show. After you update, make sure to revert nping/configure.

We had this sorted out before in the nmap-dedup branch, but it must have
gotten messed up while merging.

David Fifield