Nmap Development mailing list archives

Status Report #2 of 15

From: alexandru <alex () hackd net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 23:01:02 -0700

April 11th, 2010

Status Report #2 or 15

Accomplishments:
* settled for Rainmap as a (maybe temporary) project name during the meeting with Fyodor
* installed Cent OS 5.5 VM for testing
* discussed sandboxing approaches during the weekly meeting w/ Fyodor. sticking to SELinux for now.
* decided that the daemon/scheduler process should be accessible on a secondary VM (i.e. communication between web
frontend and scanning backend happens over sockets)

Priorities:
* harden the CentOS VM as per instructions provided by the project (suggestions and additional links welcome, I'm new
to CentOS)
* finish paperwork (Google's forms weren't yet ready, so I postponed)
* have a 'scaffolded' web application ready to go (this mainly means user accounts and login)
* first-pass at the DB schema

Cheers

—
@