Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ncrack windows bugs

From: ithilgore <ithilgore.ryu.l () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 20:25:32 +0200

On 05/12/10 09:42, not () null net wrote:

Hi,

I compiled the latest version of Ncrack SVN and try to use with list SSH host from file.

The first thing that rushed into the eyes, a filter -iL option, because of which it was impossible to specify a list
of hosts.
Fixed by commenting this line:

/ / ("IL", required_argument, 0, 'i'),

This has already been fixed in the latest SVN version. Can you try again by
doing an svn update and recompiling?

The second was an unexpected fatal error after specifying options timeout -to, I don't now why.

Could you provide more info on this? What was the exact error message, how
exactly was Ncrack invoked (arguments etc) and what was the debugging
output if any (for bug reporting it's better to specify -d10).

Third, the endless work in the investigation pending services
The first minute of work is normally:

Stats: 0:00:17 elapsed; 16 services completed (31 total)
Rate: 15.75; Found: 0; About 62.56% done; ETC: 10:30 (0:00:11 remaining)

After this "About% done" and "Rate" constantly decreasing and the work goes on forever.

Here are a sample of the log after decreasing:

Dropping connection limit due to connection error to: 7
Attempts: total 54 completed 1 supported 1 --- rate 0.08
Dropping connection limit due to connection error to: 7
Attempts: total 55 completed 1 supported 1 --- rate 0.08
Dropping connection limit due to connection error to: 7
Attempts: total 56 completed 1 supported 1 --- rate 0.08
Dropping connection limit due to connection error to: 7

Attempts: total 57 completed 1 supported 1 --- rate 0.08

Dropping connection limit due to connection error to: 7
 Attempts: total 58 completed 1 supported 1 --- rate 0.07
Dropping connection limit due to connection error to: 7
 Attempts: total 59 completed 1 supported 1 --- rate 0.07
Dropping connection limit due to connection error to: 7
 Attempts: total 60 completed 1 supported 1 --- rate 0.06

forever

I think that this is due to permanent serv-> total_attempts + +

Other than this, did Ncrack finish scanning nevertheless?

Thank you for your work and for what you are doing.
With respect, ROleg

Thanks for the bug report.
Regards,
ithilgore