Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Bug with XML Output -oX

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 13:04:09 -0600

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 12:39:52PM +1000, Grant Bartlett wrote:
There is a silly bug that has been introduced the recent nmap
versions. I've noticed this in nmap-5.21-r17556 .

If you use the -oX flag to output to XML, the XML output contains an
invalid XSL template type, such that if you try and use stock standard
nmap.xsl it won't parse the XML.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="nmap.xsl" type="test/xsl"?>

SHOULD BE

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="nmap.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

Note: test/xsl should be text/xsl

Thanks for noticing this. It's been fixed now. And thanks for spelling
out the difference; this typo was invisible to me even with both
versions listed side by side.

David Fifield