Nmap Development mailing list archives

Status Report #8 of 15

From: ithilgore <ithilgore.ryu.l () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 01:39:18 +0300

Hello folks.

Status Report #8 of 15

Accomplishments:

* Added several new ideas to the TODO list and discussed them with Fyodor.

* Added support for '-f' option, which forces Ncrack to quit cracking a
  service after it finds one credential for it.

* Added support for blank-password testing. Ncrack will now test a blank
  entry whenever it sees an empty line in any of the wordlists. Also added
  single quotes at the begginning and end of usernames/passwords whenever
  they are printed on screen.

* Researched SMB protocol, read Ron's scripts and started coding SMB
  module. I hope it will be ready by next week and then we can do some
  benchmarks and see the difference between NSE's performance and
  Ncrack's.

* Improved Ncrack logo font.

Priorities:

* Write SMB module.