Nmap Development mailing list archives

Improvement request for Zenmap - OS X

From: David Stockinger <dave.stockinger () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 12:08:13 +0200

This isn't really a bug report since everything works finr for me with the compiled Zenmap-binary on OS X, but I'd like
to suggest something.
X11 is just making problems. It's slow, has a crappy interface and needs it's commands to be wrapped a thousand of
times.
It would be much better to let Zenmap run natively using the Aqua-intrface provided by Apple.

For example, the X1-window has a menubar with "Scan", "Tools", "Profile", "Help". It would be much better to use the
Interface Builder to make a User-friendly and fast GUI, like the one I provided as attachment.
Please note this .xib file needs to be opened with Apple's Interface Builder and is in it's actual state completely
without function.
But you can freely distribute this to every OS X Developer who is interested in using it