Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: New Feature in zenmap interface - Script Selection

From: kirubakaran S <kirubakaran1989 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 20:27:42 +0530

Thanks Kirubakaran!  I showed this off live at our Black Hat
presentation, and included a screen shot of the interface in our
(shorter) Defcon preso.  Ron also demonstrated it quite a bit during
his Arsenal.  He did notice some problems though.  I hope he'll report
them to the list.  But as I remember, I think one of the problems was
that it caught arguments from libraries used by a script, but didn't
catch arguments from libraries used by those libraries.  Also, he
reported some crashing and memory bloating which may or may not relate
to the new feature.  His usage involved a large number of small scans
rather than one big one.  He would run a scan, show off the results,
delete it, and then start a new scan for someone else and repeated the
process for hours.

I hope others will test and report results on this new feature as
well!

Hello,
    Yes, There is abnormal usage of memory. Thats because,
I extracted all the script metadata and stored as python objects.
The extraction of script metadata has to be made dynamic as
and when the user selects the script to prevent this behaviour.

--
cheers
Kirubakaran.S