Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] qscan first read timeout value too short?

From: jah <jah () zadkiel plus com>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 00:23:27 +0100

 On 06/08/2010 23:52, David Fifield wrote:

Do you think it's related to this recent message?

Nsock has trouble handling pcap reads on Windows
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2010/q3/232

Luis found that pcap reads on Windows were not being polled often
enough.  His patch was applied in r19487, so you should have the fix
already. Luis, you mentioned to me that you confirmed the bug existed
with NSE also. Can you reproduce this behavior with qscan?
I haven't confirmed anything (at least, I can't remember confirming anything!) and from that thread I can't tell what
exactly is the behaviour that Luis saw.
I started out thinking that the change you refer to might be something to do with the premature timeout, but having dug
around that code I'm beginning to think it's unrelated - I'm not convinced at this point, but it looks like by the time
the changed code is reached the timeout has long since expired and so that code makes no difference to the outcome.  I
intend to try a pre r19487 build, but with the latest qscan and related functionality and see what happens.

Cheers,

jah