Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: SSH module broken @ Ncrack?

From: ithilgore <ithilgore.ryu.l () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 09:44:42 +0200

On 08/20/10 03:42, Richard Miles wrote:
Hi,

I downloaded Nrack SNV release and Alpha-02 and both do not work
against my SSH servers. I tested against two SSH servers, a openSSH
and a CuteFTP sshd, both with SSHv2.

I can connect to both servers without problems without client, but
when I use ncrack, is just runs forever and never give at least a try,
the output is like that:

Rate: 0.00; Found: 0; About 0.00% done
Stats: 0:12:40 elapsed; 0 services completed (1 total)
Rate: 0.00; Found: 0; About 0.00% done
Stats: 0:12:40 elapsed; 0 services completed (1 total)
Rate: 0.00; Found: 0; About 0.00% done
Stats: 0:12:41 elapsed; 0 services completed (1 total)
Rate: 0.00; Found: 0; About 0.00% done
Stats: 0:12:53 elapsed; 0 services completed (1 total)
Rate: 0.00; Found: 0; About 0.00% done
Stats: 0:12:54 elapsed; 0 services completed (1 total)
Rate: 0.00; Found: 0; About 0.00% done

I'm  using like that:

ncrack -v -U common.usr -P default.pwd MyIP:22

Also, if I replace -U with "--user root" and -P with "--pass root" the
same happens.

Very wired. Is it a well known problem? There is a fix?

Thanks

I just tested the module against a latest OpenSSH server and it worked
fine. Could you also please provide some capture data (if any)?

Thanks,
ithilgore

--
http://sock-raw.org