Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: MacOS X 10.6.4 - pcap reception via NSE not working?

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 10:16:45 -0600

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 01:29:22PM +0200, Patrik Karlsson wrote:

On 20 aug 2010, at 06.35, David Fifield wrote:
Thanks for finding that reference. I committed a change to use
BIOCIMMEDIATE whenever it is defined. This makes qscan.nse and Nping
work for me again.

This change only affects pcap in Nsock, so it won't have any performance
impact on the normal scanning engine. That will have to be handled
separately if someone wants to tackle it.

What do I need to do to get this running? I tried updating svn,
running a make clean and re-compiling without luck.

My mistake. I added some Autoconf checks to make it compile on Linux and
in the process I broke it on OS X. Please try again now. You have to
reconfigure so that new macros like HAVE_NET_BPF_H and HAVE_SYS_IOCTL_H
are defined.

David Fifield