Nmap Development mailing list archives

ltmain.sh

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 22:50:50 -0600

I looked at this TODO item:

o Since Libdnet files (such as ltmain.sh) are apparently only used by
  libdnet (they used to be used by shared library NSE C scripts), we
  should move them to the libdnet directory.

I don't think this is easy to change. The problem is that the
Automake-generated makefile in libdnet-stripped has the concept of an
"auxiliary directory" for build support files. It looks for install-sh
(or shtool, which we use) and once it's found, it assumes all other
build support files will be in the same directory. I tried moving
ltmain.sh into libdnet-stripped, but building fails because it doesn't
find ltmain.sh to build libtool.

One option would be to duplicate files like config.guess and install-sh
in libdnet-stripped. Then it would be its own "auxiliary directory."
There would be duplicated files but ltmain.sh would only be in the one
place it's needed.

David Fifield