Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: --with-libpcre=included

From: Nuno Gonçalves <nunojpg () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 17:21:21 +0100

2010/9/29 David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>:
On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 11:23:26AM +0100, Nuno Gonçalves wrote:
I just noticed a error message on the configure step:

configure: error: pcap type not determined when cross-compiling; use
--with-pcap=...
configure: error: ./configure failed for libpcap

Is it "--with-pcap=*" or "--with-libpcap=*"?

They are two separate options.

--with-libpcap is defined in nmap/configure.ac. It controls where to
look for a libpcap installation. It expects a directory.

--with-pcap is defined in nmap/libpcap/configure.in. It controls which
capture engine is built into libpcap. It expects a string like "bpf",
"pf", "linux", or "dlpi".

You probably have to find a way to force --with-pcap=linux (in the
configuration step for libpcap, not for Nmap) when you are
cross-compiling.

David Fifield

Well, this shall never be displayed, because I'm not compiling
libpcap. I'm setting "--with-libpcap="$(STAGING_DIR)/usr"".

This is actually the opposite problem with libpcre, that is set to
"included", but is being dynamically linked to the outside one.

Regards,
Nuno