Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NCat tunnel tuncating data?

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 21:18:56 -0700

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 05:16:48PM +0100, Peter Holroyde wrote:
On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 4:34 PM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>wrote:
On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 09:55:02AM +0100, Peter Holroyde wrote:
Hi guys, i'm hoping someone can shed some light on this for me...

I'm using ncat to tunnel a port through to a webservice on a machine
using
the command:

ncat -l 1444 -c "ncat xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 1444 -o log.txt"

this works great until i try to post a large request down the tunnel, at
which point the log file suddenly stops after 512 characters (and the
request never completes)

is this a limit in ncat does anybody know? or just a limit to the amount
of
data logged?

the responses are certainly bigger than 512 and come through with no
problems

Does it happen only when logging with -o, or always?

It happens with or without -o

Would you try again with version 5.35DC1? I have a feeling this is fixed
already. In the newer version you will have to add the -k option to make
Ncat keep listening.

David Fifield