Nmap Development mailing list archives

alexandru's status report #11 of 16

From: alexandru totolici <alex.totolici () mac com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 23:30:10 -0700

Hello all,

July 12, 2010

Status Report #11 of 16

### Accomplishments:

* fixed a parsing bug on the "edit scan" page

* port-range validation, but only a subset of the full Nmap options (simple ranges, enumerations and combining those
work, but no advanced formatting, i.e. U:53,T:80)

* made the settings file into a template, to use with version control and force configuration on deployment. Rainmap
won't run until this file is renamed and properly edited

* simplified the "edit scan" page further; we're encouraging users to name a profile, enter their targets and save;
more advanced options are available but not required

* began deploying/documenting RabbitMQ on the Linode install

* investigated ways in which we can simplify interactions with AMQP libraries, and still deciding between Celery[0] and
Flopsy[1]. Both are trivial to use from either within Django or a [currently-theoretical] Nmap wrapper. Celery seems to
be the more mature project and my current pick.

### Priorities:

* administrator interface [delayed]
 * I should note though that a lot of the admin interface is already in place by default, thanks to Django itself. it's
just not optimized for the kinds of things we need to do with Rainmap [or styled with CSS, currently]

* finish RabbitMQ deployment/documentation

* write the worker program, a Python wrapper that consumes queue messages and runs Nmap

* successfully run a scan, as defined in the web interface [click Run in the UI, do everything on the other end]

Cheers!

[0]: http://www.celeryproject.org/
[1]: http://github.com/nathanborror/flopsy

--