Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: SSL certificate key length in ssl-cert.nse

From: Matt Selsky <selsky () columbia edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 19:39:13 -0400

On Oct 4, 2010, at 2:13 PM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:

Excellent, that's just right. Your patch provides a new member of the
table, cert.pkey_bits. That's good, but I think we can provide even more
information with a uniform interface.

What I am thinking is this:

cert = {
 subject = ..., issuer = ..., validity = ..., pem = ...,
 pubkey = {
   type = "rsa",
   bits = 1024,
 }
}

Do you have an example I can follow to make a nested table?

Can you make a patch that does this? Looking at EVP_PKEY_type in
crypto/evp/p_lib.c it looks like the possible types are "rsa", "dsa",
"dh", and "ec".

I've only seen keys of type RSA. Does SSL itself support non-RSA key-types?

--
Matt