Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Sample plugin

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 00:21:20 -0700

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 11:03:13PM -0500, Ron wrote:

We talked about this at Defcon, and I went ahead and wrote
it. Basically, it's a sample plugin (basically, a template). It
defines all the fields we need, as well as some of the more common
functions, with plenty of comments to explain what's going on.

Hi Ron, great idea!  It will make a good template for people to copy
and modify when creating new scripts.

For now, I put this in the 'docs' folder.

It does not seem to be checked in yet, but /nmap/docs does sound like
a good place for it.

This should probably be documented in docs/scripting.xml so people can
learn about it by reading http://nmap.org/book/nse.html.  If you're
able to find a good place for it in scripting.xml and add the
information, that will be great.  Otherwise I'll make a note to add it
next time I have time to do updates.

Cheers,
Fyodor