Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap on Windows 2000

From: kx <kxmail () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 23:10:43 -0500

I think for anyone who wants Windows 2000 support, they can get 2010
Express for free, change the Platform Toolset option to v90 and then
use the 2008 redist package:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=a5c84275-3b97-4ab7-a40d-3802b2af5fc2&displaylang=en

Platform Toolset
Allows the project to target a different version of the Visual C++
libraries and compiler. Visual C++ projects can target either the
toolset in Visual Studio 2010 (v100) or the toolset in Visual Studio
2008 (v90). This enables you to take advantage of the IDE enhancements
in Visual Studio 2010 while you continue to use an older version of
the Visual C++ libraries and compiler.

I haven't tested this, but in theory it should work.

Cheers,
  kx