Nmap Development mailing list archives

Some scripts for analyzing NetBus

From: Toni Ruottu <toni.ruottu () iki fi>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 10:37:22 +0200

hello,

Just finished writing a set of scripts that analyse NetBus-services
(see attachments). I have defined total ordering for execution through
dependencies, as the scripts interfere with each other. Namely,
sending broken authentication credentials prevent access from
everyone, and not only the failing client. The scripts do not cover
NetBus2 as it seems quite different from the earlier versions, also I
could not find really old versions of NetBus for testing. I have done
some tests with NetBus versions 1.6 and 1.7, as well as NetBuster
version 1.31. The scripts should work with the current nmap cvs, but
do not work with latest release.

The included scripts are (in order of execution):
netbus-version - detects NetBuster, a honeypot service that mimes NetBus
netbus-brute - tries to retrieve NetBus password by guessing
netbus-info - opens a connection to a NetBus server and extracts information
netbus-auth-bypass - checks if a NetBus server is vulnerable to
authentication bypass

  cheers, --Toni