Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap 5.35DC1 for windows can't scan

From: Rob Nicholls <robert () robnicholls co uk>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 17:20:21 +0000

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 19:59:45 +0300, Alexander Khodyrev <spxnezzar () gmail com> wrote:
Hi all.

Hi!

I downloaded the other day nmap 5.35D1 for windows and ran to the fact that this version can not scan anything except localhost. When trying to scan a network (like 192.168.0.0/24) nmap reported that all the hosts down. In 5.21 there is no such troubles. where to look? or i need to take svn for windows?

Fyodor quietly released a newer version a few weeks back that you might want to try, to see if we've already fixed the issue:

http://nmap.org/dist/nmap-5.36TEST2-setup.exe
http://nmap.org/dist/nmap-5.36TEST2-win32.zip

I know some fairly big changes regarding identifying interfaces on Windows were made between 5.21 and 5.35DC1, which could be the problem, but I thought David had fixed them in time for the 5.35DC1 release.

You could try adding -d2 to show useful debug output, which will provide us with further detail. If it's an interface issue, you can run "nmap --iflist" to list all the interfaces and someone on the list may be able to spot what's wrong.

Rob