Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Idea for Nmap Gsoc 2011

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 15:20:34 -0700

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 12:46:39PM +0530, Anil Pradyumna Chakicherla wrote:
I would like to develop an addition to nmap by filtering the IP
spoofing using the interdomain packet filtering using a C++ and i have
already developed the skeleton on java so i can implement it onto the
nmap circuit...

Hello Anil, thanks for writing. If you're interested in applying for the
Summer of Code, please see these pages:
        http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/home/google/gsoc2011/nmap
        http://nmap.org/soc/
        http://nmap.org/soc/GeneralRequirements.html
        http://nmap.org/soc/apply.html

We'll need mroe information to help you with your proposal--from what
you wrote above I don't know what it is. Nmap isn't usually a filtering
program--are you thinking of a firewall or IDS? Is your Java skeleton
online somewhere where we can see it?

David Fifield