Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSEC Enumeration script

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 10:57:46 -0700

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 12:25:44PM +0200, John Bond wrote:
On 27 March 2011 13:15, John Bond <john.r.bond () gmail com> wrote:
On 27 March 2011 07:20, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:

Thanks for your answers. It's been a long journey, but I just committed
your script to the trunk. It ended up being a not-too-big patch; try
       svn diff -r 22777:22783 svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap
Have given that a test and all looks good, need to go over encodeOPT_Z
and addOPT again as im not sure what you are doing with the ttl.  So i
will need to go read through the rfc and my original function to make
sure i understand whats going on.

I Also  want to see if the logic you use in encodeOPT_Z can work for
decodeFlags/encodFlags or dose your function only work because there
is only one z flag supported ?   the reason i ask is because i am
going to look at implement dnsind which (from memory) also uses a Z
flag

The other flag function can work the same way.

David Fifield